RPI Therapy Services provides outpatient occupational therapy services to clients with orthopedic as well as neurological diagnoses.
Our highly skilled Occupational Therapists can:
- Fabricate custom-made upper extremity splints
- Strengthen the upper extremity due to impairment from injury, fracture, stroke, etc.
- Improve passive and active ROM (range of motion) following injury to the shoulder, forearm, wrist, and hand
- Incorporate the use of modalities in a function-based program in order to minimize pain and increase functional upper extremity use
- Improve fine motor skills, coordination, and dexterity
- Perform home visits to make recommendations to the home environment in order to facilitate safety and independence
- Maximize independence with Activities of Daily Living through instruction in compensatory techniques
- Improve static and dynamic balance to facilitate independence with daily living skills
- Instruct arthritic patients on techniques to protect the joints
- Educate patients with cardiac and respiratory concerns on energy conservation and work simplification techniques
- Assess ocular motor skills and visual perceptual deficits following a stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Assess functional cognitive skills such as problem solving, reasoning and memory in order to maximize a client’s ability to perform complex tasks such as money management, medication management, and other cognitive skills